11/26/06

Part One: I Shot the Sheriff

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” (Albert Einstein)

The Constitution provides authority to execute the laws of the US to the president. As a child I was lied to by a president (Johnson) who then subjected his charges to disaster (Viet Nam.) As a teenager I witnessed the hypocricy of a president (Nixon) who believed this document didn't apply to him and subsequently had to be pardoned (before the fact) for his obvious crimes. I will not bore you with the obvious extension of this line of thought. I bring these two FACTS to your attention only to reinforce the reasons why I will always question authority and why I will not blindly concede to its power.

Today, we have a president who has taken lying to a surreal level and who has systematically shredded the Bill of Rights. His justification of "I'm a war president" is beyond surreal. It is delusional. Damn this man scares me. What is even sadder is that 30 percent of our population are just as delusional. His ineptitude is only overshadowed by his unflinching arrogance. Stupidity and smugness combined in one person is not a redeeming quality.

Enough ranting for one day...

No comments: