7/19/10

Tears of a Clown

It is one thing to notice that the emperor wears no clothes, it is quite another to publicly remark on this condition. The expected reaction is a beatdown by the emperor's cronies, lackeys and thugs or a polite nod and a shake of the head by those whose observation is aligned with the speaker but whose lives are better off pretending it is isn't. Then there are those who profess genuine outrage over this disclosure and they are a class unto themselves.
It truly blows my mind that we have not progressed beyond Plato's cave and allowed reason to overcome ignorance. Why do we rationalize the relative? Is it to preserve our sanity? Our morality? It makes no sense to me. Our cultural brain synapses are going to snap and the result will be terminal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully have been Kindness, Beauty and Truth." - Albert Einstein

Anonymous said...

if you have read the whole blog then you would know that truth, beauty and goodness are ideals I adhere to when I am able. Thank you for the Einstein quote, he is one for the ages.